Sunday, November 11, 2012

Linkipe: "Ham + Cheese" Breakfast Casserole

Two good friends of mine got married last night (yay!). I love weddings and I was especially excited about this one, all the more so because I knew there was going to be lots of dancing and drinking into the wee hours of the morning. I knew today would be a lazy day and I wouldn't have the energy to cook anything, so I prepped as much as I could yesterday afternoon. I washed and cut up some berries, I made a lemon vinaigrette for a simple salad to go with our brunch, I purchased an abundance of beverages to help us rehydrate, and I made a breakfast casserole which I could pop into the oven this morning + let cook while I curled back up in bed.

This casserole was really easy to throw together, and the substitutions I made based on what I had on hand did nothing to diminish its deliciousness! I used leeks instead of onions, old baguette instead of challah bread -- still yummy. Good recipe to master before the holidays...


No comments:

Post a Comment