Sunday, September 30, 2012

White Pizza + Turkey sausage + Red Onion



During one of my cooking frenzies, I made some lasagna to keep in the freezer for fall dinner emergencies. I had some leftover herbed ricotta cheese and mozzarella and was thinking about how I could turn these things into other dishes when I realized I could use both ingredients in a white pizza. 
My version is a little healthier (healthier not healthy) than what one would typically imagine a white pizza to be. However, you don’t feel any pangs of guilt or extreme heaviness after eating this combination of ingredients. Even if you eat half the pizza. Ahem.
I bought some fresh pizza dough from Picnic & Pantry and spread the herbed (skim) ricotta cheese, topped it with slices of part skim mozzarella, then topped all of that with some turkey sausage and red onions I sauteed in a little olive oil. The turkey sausage I buy is in casing, not the kind that resembles a hot dog. I popped all of this into a preheated 400F oven for about 20 minutes until it was nice and browned.
Sprinkle with dried red chili flakes (and garlic powder if you’re a New York girl like me) and enjoy a quick mid-week meal :)

No comments:

Post a Comment