Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Quick + Easy: Adrienne's Spaghetti with Red Clam Sauce

When Tyler and I first started talking about our families in the early stages of our relationship, he told me that one of his favorite meals was pasta with a clam sauce his mother used to make (his other favorite also involves a pasta sauce made with V8 and fish sauce, but his mother hasn't shared that recipe with me yet!). I was intrigued. Now I am a believer -- this is one of my favorite sauces, and it is incredibly easy to make.

I am posting the recipe just as Adrienne sent it to me -- the only suggestion I'd make is to use a large can of San Marzano tomatoes, which I puree in a food processor until smooth. The sauce is a little watery once it mixes with the spaghetti, but don't let that scare you off. This recipe is perfect as-is.



Saute onions and garlic in olive oil
Add 2 cans of chopped clams (or larger if you have them)
Add 1 small can of tomato sauce - or any similar red sauce
Add whatever herbs you like - but not much because this is good because it's NOT that special!
And maybe a tiny bit of white wine


Serve over spaghetti and top with parmesan

No comments:

Post a Comment