Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Quick + Easy: The easiest dip ever.

I went back and forth about posting this -- it's so simple, was it even worth posting a recipe for it? But I think it's delicious, and I was very excited about it when I first made it (growing up in a household of primarily Asian cuisine, everything not Asian is an exciting discovery for me).

I make this when I crave hummus but I'm too lazy to go to the grocery store. It makes a great quick addition to an array of appetizers, or even a quick lunch (which is why I made it today). Serve it with pitas, pretzels, veggies. Experiment with flavored oils (I used white truffle oil today and it felt so decadent). Throw in whatever herbs you have on hand. Just start with a can of beans.


1 can of cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
2 tbspns. olive oil
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 lemon, juiced
Salt + pep to taste

Process all of the ingredients together in a processor. Done.





No comments:

Post a Comment